June 15, 2015

Weekend Update

A lot of my time recently is being spent working on the Barn Sale we are having in two weeks and it seems to be coming together well. IMG_2353We are spending a lot of time on the prep work, like marking every single item, and arranging things by category, so that on the days of the sale, things run more smoothly, and there aren’t tons of questions that need to be answered. IMG_2346I would love to know any tips and tricks you have for hosting a successful, stress-free (as if!) tag sale – besides having the patience of a saint! I have done them before, but never on this scale. For more information on the sale, click here.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Lots of bloggers are writing books these days, but they are mostly design books. Fellow blogger, Bart Boehlert has just written a lovely memoir of his life growing up in a small city in up-state New York, how his family, especially his aunts, influenced him, and then his life and career in New York, where he is now the senior writer for special projects at Ralph Lauren. imageHow I Look” is a sweet, sentimental book about Bart and his life. I really liked it, and so have the reviewers. I think you will, too.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I spent some time with my friend Andrea this weekend and she was showing off her big porch that she’s re-doing. Andrea designs my favourite Bosom Buddy Bags, and she has the most amazing eye for putting things together that most people wouldn’t consider. And she’s artistic, too!  Andrea has used coral, pale yellow, sea-foam green and haint blue as the colours.IMG_2365This is just a sneak peek at the porch, and when she’s finished with everything, we can take a tour. Of course, it’s always fun to see her adorable grand-puppy, the labora-doodle, Natty, when I am there. IMG_2367

Seriously, could this dog be any cuter?

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. It was very relaxing which was nice, I appreciate your book recommendation Meg, it sounds Of like a good one! I just finished The Travels of an Independent Woman. Of course I wish I could be there for your sale!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the book recommendation, it sounds like a great book.

    I am sure that your sale will be a great success, because you are doing all of the advanced work. There is nothing worse than a sale with no prices.

    Your friends porch is gorgeous! I love the pagoda mirror, and I cannot wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, sounds like you have the details figured out, so the only suggestion I could offer is to make sure you have plenty of help on the day of the sale: one person responsible for the money (cash), another for the credit card machine (if you will be using one), a person (or two) to help people load heavy objects into their car, and a couple of floaters keeping eyes on things (especially at entrances/exits, if more than one exits), Oh, and some bags/wrappings for smaller items. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the weekend was good + love the suggested book. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, Thank you for recommending my book! Love your blog and so glad you liked my book!
    Good luck with the barn sale, it looks irresistible.
    All the best,
    Bart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.